Alvin left me & Ivy for just over a week. At long last he went to see his family back home & we weren’t all able to go together. As the week progressed I realized a whole list of Ivy’s new accomplishments I would have to share with him when he came back:
– Ivy gives hugs now (it’s so beautiful)
– I turned my back for half a minute (thinking she was making her way to me) & she had crawled halfway up the stairs all on her own (oops)!
– She goes to the window & opens the curtains to see what activity is happening outside (she was rather taken by the first fat snowflakes to fall yesterday)
– Ivy has started picking up her shoes & going through the motions of trying to put a shoe or boot on her foot. It is hilarious to watch because she is a very long way from actually successfully getting the shoe on her foot. (I guess she thinks if she can pull her socks off she’ll start being able to put her shoes on).
– She picked up her hair brush & put it to her head. Again, nowhere near being able to actually brush her hair- but she knows the purpose of her brush.
– When we’re out walking & she hears a dog bark I swear that she barks back. (I suspect Auntie Devyn had something to do with that…or one of her fave books: Moo, Baa La La La).
Thinking about the week and all the changes and joys has been a fun way to reflect on the past 10 months as I’m gearing up to return to work. It has been so amazing to have this time off with Ivy.
Unrelated to the above stories…Ivy has refused all sorts of pasta. I was very happy to see (with her Mennonite roots, watered down as they may be) that she loved her first perogy experience. Hahaha